What is a Firewall?
A firewall is designed to keep the bad data out of your network or computer and allow the good data in. They come in two versions, software which sits on your workstation and hardware which all network traffic filters "through" before going out to the internet.
With a hardware firewall they don't just protect your business network from threats from the internet, they can also be used to:
- Filter any prohibited applications (peer to peer, instant messaging, specific categories of websites etc) from your corporate network.
- Allow staff to access your company data securely while away from the office.
- Filter and protect company Web and Mail Servers.
Do I need a Firewall?
Your bog standard BT Home Hub, Netgear/Linksys Routers will keep small threats away but aren't much of a challenge for a determined hacker!
Each and every business should have a Firewall running between their business network and the internet.
The biggest asset to a safe business network is a well designed, well configured and well managed network.
The biggest advantage PfSense has over most other hardware firewalls is, it has a easy to use web based administration so it saves you having to learn a specific configuration language like Juniper or Cisco products do.
Cloud46 specialises in deploying PfSense as a hardware firewall - both on phyiscal servers or virtual ones.
- Routing only platform
- Load Balancing (outbound and inbound)
- VPN - Site to Site and Client to Site.
- PPPoE (outbound and inbound)
- Support for DynamicDNS
- Real Time Information and Graphs
- Captive Portal for Wireless Portals used in Hotels.
- Web based administration
- Works on Fibre Broadband (FTTC and FTTP)
- and much more...
The most flexible firewall solution we've ever used!
Contact us today for a chat about your requirements.
We've implemented PfSense in many different server and network environments both virtually and on physical servers.
Call us today and we can give you an idea on the options available to you.